Brown Emergency Training Center
Where Fire and Rescue Rule
If you are interested in a career in fire and rescue or just looking to brush up on some of your skills, then you need to look no further than the Brown Emergency Training Center (Brown ETC) at Cleveland Community College. There are lots of reasons why the Brown ETC continues to have record-breaking enrollments in the majority of the programs it offers and is known as one of the top fire and rescue centers in North and South Carolina. Here are just a few of them:
Aircraft Rescue Firefighting Simulator
- 12-passenger aircraft represents the size of aircraft usually associated with regional airports.
- Realistic aircraft crash conditions with fire, smoke, and all the difficulties of removing injured passengers and crew from a downed aircraft.
- The Aircraft Rescue Firefighting Simulator can be configured differently providing demonstrations of numerous emergency conditions.
- Use for fire and rescue school training, survival school training, industrial brigade training, and supplemental training to other live fire exercises. The Aircraft Rescue Firefighting Simulator can be moved to a location near you!
- Hands down, the best way to observe fire behavior and the events that leads up to a flashover phenomenon.
- Create flashover simulations time and time again until your department feels confident in dealing with a flashover situation.
- The Flashover Simulator brings training opportunities to you through industrial brigade training, survival school training, fire and rescue school training, and supplemental training to other live fire exercises.
Emergency Medical Services Leadership Academy
- Field specific and relevant courses that offer broad resources for potential EMS managerial candidates.
- Allows for a seamless transition into the roles of Field Training Officers, Lieutenants, and Captains as well as modalities needed for EMS Director.
- For more information call, 704-669-4195!
Firefighter Training Academy
- Intense 9-week training to prepare individuals to become firefighters working in a municipal fire department.
- Receive 400 hours of instruction and become certified in Firefighter I and II.
- Instruction in hazardous materials, rapid intervention team training, live fire scenarios, and physical training.
- Workshops in resume writing, interviewing, and advice from area fire chiefs about what they look for in hiring new firefighters.
- Designed for students with little or no firefighter training to become job ready!
Firefighter Training Academy
November 14-16, 2014
- Participate in “the” fire and rescue event of the year with hundreds of colleagues from all over North and South Carolina.
- Upgrade your skills or take that class you just can’t find anywhere else.
- Over 75 classes offered throughout the weekend from top instructors.
- Fire and Rescue College Banquet.
To book the Aircraft Rescue Simulator, Flashover Simulator or get more information about the Firefighter Academy and Fire and Rescue College, just call 704-669-4193!