You’ve considered attending Cleveland Community College for some time now, but you just can’t quite figure out how to make ends meet on the financial end of furthering your education? Does this scenario sound familiar? Then let the financial aid professionals at CCC show you how paying for tuition and maybe even some of your other expenses is possible without leaving your wallet empty.

Click to view infographic

Click to view infographic

CCC Financial Aid Coordinator, Emily Hurdt, says she and her staff meet with hundreds of students each year who are working through the same financial dilemmas of covering the costs of attending college. Hurdt says, “As soon as you’ve enrolled at CCC, come see us in the Financial Aid Department so we can get you on the right track in paying for your education. Federal grants, state aid, and institutional scholarships are the various resources that may be available.”

Types of Financial Aid 

  • CCC Foundation Scholarships
  • Childcare Funds
  • Educational Assistance for Veterans and Certain Dependents of
  • Veterans
  • Federal Pell Grants
  • Federal Workforce Investment Act Grants
  • aLocal Scholarships

FREE Financial Aid Workshops offered each month 

Getting Started on Your FAFSA

Money Talks! Are You Listening? Financial Aid Made Simple

Money Talks! Are You Listening? Financial Literacy

To register or for more information call, 704-669-4028 or stop by the Financial Aid Department located in the Jack Hunt Campus Center.

First Step = Apply Early and Start with a FAFSA

More than 53% of Cleveland Community College students receive some kind of financial aid and all of them started the financial aid process by taking the first step in filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Here is how you get started in determining your eligibility for any of these programs:

  1. Get a PIN (Personal Identification Number) at A pin is your electronic signature for the Department of Education and is required to complete your online FAFSA. Your parents are required to have their own PIN if you are a dependent.
  2. Complete the FAFSA at Financial aid cannot be awarded without a complete FAFSA on file. Be sure to list CCC’s School Code, 008082, as your first school of choice.
  3. Return your paperwork. The CCC Financial Aid office will send you paperwork to complete your financial aid packet once your file is electronically transferred to our system. Complete it, sign it and return it.
  4. Request your transcripts or GED records from your high school and have them sent to the Student Services Department at CCC at 137 S. Post Road, Shelby, NC 28152. The office of Student Services is located on the second floor of the Jack Hunt Campus Center.
  5. Your award letter will notify you of any funds for which you are eligible.